A delicious and easy-baked feta! Use any kind of pasta that you’d like in this recipe. Or, for a low carb option, you can use spaghetti squash.
Baked Feta Pasta
Simple and delicious pasta with baked feta! Did you see it on TikTok? Find out how to make it here!
- 1 package (8 ounces) feta cheese
- 1 package (12 ounces) penne* pasta
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, washed
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup sliced red bell pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves peeled garlic or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Mix together the basil, sea salt, black pepper red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, lemon zest, garlic, lemon juice, onion, olive oil, bell pepper and tomatoes in a medium sized bowl. Pour into 9x13 backing dish.
- With a spatula, make a space in the middle of the pan. Add fetta cheese to this space. Turn and mix in the oil to ensure it is coated.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Bring penne pasta to boil in a large pot of salted water. Cook until al dente. Drain pasta. Reserve 1 cup of the water.
- When the feta mixture is done, mash with a veggie masher or spoon, creating a sauce. Stir in cooked pasta and spinach.
- Add pasta water until you reach the desired consistency. Mix together and serve.
*You can use any pasta that you want.