“This is one of my favorite casseroles to serve. What’s better than bacon, chicken, and ranch?”
Ranch Chicken Casserole with Bacon
This is one of my favorite casseroles to make. What's better than bacon, chicken, and ranch?
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 12 oz. package of wide egg noodles
- 1 tbsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 oz package of ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 10.75 oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 16 oz of fat-free sour cream (one container)
- In large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Cook noodles until just tender but not fully cooked. Approximately 8 minutes.
- In large skillet, cook bacon. Do not cook until too crispy as it will continue to cok in oven. Drain bacon on paper towel. Then crumble
- In same skillet with bacon drippings, cook cubed chicken. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning. Remove from skillet and place large mixing bowl. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish.
- In mixing bowl, combine chicken, soup, sour cream, soup, ranch dressing mix, half of the bacon, and milk. Then add cooked noodles. Pour into 9x13 casserole dish.
- Sprinle the top with cheese, onion, and remaining bacon.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.